Freediving in Krabi
Become a Certified PADI Freediver
Give yourself complete freedom underwater. Take the PADI Freediver Course and earn your certification in just two days.
We are excited to offer the unique opportunity to become a certified PADI Freediver in Krabi! You can learn the fundamentals of freediving from one of the founders of Shark Guardian, Brendon Sing. Brendon is not only a PADI Course Director and one of the leading advocates for shark conservation worldwide – he is also a PADI Freediver Instructor! We are lucky to have him right here in Ao Nang, teaching the PADI Freediver Course in partnership with Sea Gypsy Divers.
Freediving offers the unique opportunity to experience the underwater world with complete freedom. It is a rewarding personal challenge that will show you how quickly it is possible to extend your breath-holding limits. As well, you can have more intimate contact with nature in the absence of noises and bubbles.
Brendon Sing – PADI Freediver Instructor and founder of Shark Guardian
PADI Freediver Course – Key Points
- Duration: 2 days
- Minimum Age: 15 years old (12 years old for pool only)
- Target Depth: 10-16 meters
- Static Apnea: Minimum 90 seconds
- Dynamic Apnea (Horizontal): Minimum 25 meters
- Price: 9,500 THB
Includes: Insurance, all equipment, PADI materials, hotel transfer from Ao Nang area, lunch and drinking water
Fixed Dates – PADI Freediver Course
We have a schedule of fixed dates for the PADI Freediver Course with Instructor Brendon Sing. If these dates do not work for you, please contact us to see about possible alternatives.
Course Dates for High Season 2020:
- 20 – 21 January, 2020
- 03 – 04 February, 2020
- 10 – 11 February, 2020
- 24 – 25 February, 2020
- 02 – 03 March, 2020
- 23 – 24 March, 2020
Sample Schedule – PADI Freediver Course
Note that times are approximate and exact itinerary will vary based on the day’s program.
- 8:00am – Hotel pickup and transfer to pool training facility
- 8:30am – Theory review and pool training
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 2:00pm – Transfer back to hotel
- 8:00am – Hotel pickup and transfer to longtail boat
- 8:30am – Boat departure to Ao Nang Local Islands
- 9:15am – In-water training and freedive practice in ocean
- 11:30am – Lunch on the boat
- 1:30pm – Begin return trip to Ao Nang
- 2:00pm – Arrive to Ao Nang and transfer back to hotel