We are excited to offer a unique opportunity for the 2019-2020 season – become a certified PADI Freediver in Krabi! You can learn the fundamentals of freediving from one of the founders of Shark Guardian, Brendon Sing. Brendon is not only a PADI Course Director and one of the leading advocates for shark conservation worldwide – he is also a PADI Freediver Instructor! We are lucky to have him right here in Ao Nang, teaching the PADI Freediver Course in partnership with Sea Gypsy Divers.
Dates for the PADI Freediver Course with Brendon
- 11 – 12 November, 2019 – spaces still available
- 25 – 26 November, 2019 – spaces still available
- 01 – 02 December, 2019 – spaces still available
More dates will be added soon for 2020!
Freediving offers the unique opportunity to experience the underwater world with complete freedom. It is a rewarding personal challenge that will show you how quickly it is possible to extend your breath-holding limits. As well, you can have more intimate contact with nature in the absence of noises and bubbles.
- Course: PADI Freediver Level 1 (for beginners)
- Duration: 2 days
- Max Depth: 10-16 meters
- Minimum Age: 15 years old (12 years old in the pool only)
- Price: 9,500 THB
Includes: All equipment, PADI Freediver eLearning, insurance, hotel pickup from Ao Nang, lunch, fruit, and refreshments
By the end of the PADI Freediver Course, you will achieve:
- Static Apnea: at least 90 seconds
- Dynamic Apnea (Horiontal): at least 25 meters
- Constant Weight Dive: at least 10 meters deep
9:00am – 2:00pm
Freediving theory review
Pool session for dynamic swimming and Apnea training
9:00am – 2:00pm
Two open water freediving sessions at the Ao Nang Local Islands