As a PADI professional, you will be a part of the largest, most marketed scuba dive training organization in the world. So if you are considering a career in scuba diving, becoming a PADI Divemaster is the best place to start. As a Divemaster, your main responsibility will be guiding certified divers on fun diving trips. You will also be qualified to conduct the PADI ReActivate program to refresh skills for certified divers who have had an extended period out of the water. In addition, you can assist Instructors teaching courses to new divers or continuing education courses to certified divers. The Ao Nang area of Krabi, Thailand has great work opportunities for PADI Divemasters as a high percentage of customers are fun divers.
- Duration: 3 to 10 weeks (we recommend devoting at least six weeks to your Divemaster training)
- No. of Dives: Total of 40 logged dives before starting, and at least 60 dives upon completion
- Minimum Age: 18 years old
- Prerequisite Certification Level: Rescue Diver
- Price: Please contact us to see the price based on your current level of training
You will be assigned a professional mentor who will guide you in completing all course requirements. Your mentor relationship is an essential part of your course and will ensure that you get effective training. As a Divemaster Candidate, you are a part of the Sea Gypsy team. This means that whenever possible, we will give you certain responsibilities to show you first-hand what to expect as a professional Divemaster. Quite simply, our goal is to prepare you to be able to work as soon as you complete the program. That helps us as a dive shop that needs competent professionals, and helps you to find work easily in any part of the world. A summary of the basic requirements to fulfill completion of the Divemaster course are:
- Complete theory requirements including Knowledge Reviews and the Final Exam
- Complete certain waterskills exercises to show proficiency in both swimming and diving
- Perform a rescue assessment to reinforce skills from the Rescue course
- Participate in various skills workshops and assessments to ensure competency in demonstrating and performing diving skills
- Complete practical assessments that will simulate real Divemaster responsibilities
Materials and Equipment
As part of the Divemaster course, you must have the latest PADI Divemaster Crew Pack. This includes every resource you will need to complete theory sections of your course and guide you regarding professional standards. We will order you the PADI Divemaster Crew Pack before you arrive. The price can change year-to-year, but expect to pay around 9,000 THB.
As a dive professional, it is a very good idea to own your own set of diving equipment. For purposes of your Divemaster training, you are welcome to borrow any of our shop gear free of charge. But we require that you own the following pieces of gear at a minimum to use during the course:
- Dive computer
- Surface marker buoy (SMB)
- Underwater compass
If you would like to purchase any of those items here, we will order them for you from our suppliers at the best available price.