- Sea Gypsy Divers offers a full range of PADI scuba diving courses, fun diving packages, and snorkel trips. We serve all levels from beginner to expert. Scroll down to see all available diving course, fun diving, and snorkeling options. Our dive trips depart daily from the Ao Nang area in Krabi.
Note: All prices exclude National Park fee of 600 THB for divers and 400 THB for non-divers.
Not yet certified to scuba dive?
We live to teach diving, especially if you’ve never tried. Whether you are excited to dive right in or nervous about the thought of breathing underwater, we will give you an amazing introduction to the underwater world.
- Discover Scuba Diving (Try Diving) – This one day program lets you experience scuba diving without the need to complete a certification course. It is perfect if you just want to give it a try to see if you like it. After a brief introduction to basic diving theory and skill practice, you will be able to dive to 12 meters depth under your instructor’s supervision. Price: 4,900 THB
- PADI Scuba Diver – When considering a scuba diving certification, most choose the PADI Open Water Diver course (see below). But, if you don’t feel ready for an Open Water certification, you can consider becoming a PADI Scuba Diver. The course lasts two days and qualifies you to dive to 12 meters depth under the direct supervision of a dive professional. Price: 10,900 THB
- PADI Open Water Diver – Ready to take the plunge? A PADI Open Water Diver certification is the most recognized in the world. After three to four days of intensive classroom study, pool practice, and four open water dives, you will have a lifetime certification allowing you to scuba dive up to 18 meters depth. Price: 14,900 THB
Already certified and want to continue your education?
You already know that diving is amazing, so now it’s time to take it to the next level. Continue your education with these PADI courses for already certified divers.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver – Build on the training already completed in your Open Water course, letting you dive deeper and with more confidence. Over two days and five open water dives, you will work on skills such as navigation, buoyancy, fish identification, etc. A PADI Advanced Open Water certification allows you to dive to 30 meters depth. Price: 12,900 THB
- PADI Rescue Diver – Challenge yourself in this intense course that simulates real-life in-water emergency situations and gives you the knowledge and tools to make an effective response. The course lasts three days. However, if you have not completed prior recent CPR training you will need one more day to complete the Emergency First Response (EFR) course as well. Price: 12,900 THB (EFR additional 4,900 THB)
Want to Become a dive professional?
Do you want to trade your desk job for a career in diving? Once upon a time we made the same choice, and it was the best choice we could have made. You not only make a living, but also make a real impact in people’s lives. Remember who introduced you to the underwater world? Imagine that you can be that role model for someone else, opening their eyes to the beauty of the ocean. We are clearly biased, but we can’t imagine a better job on the planet. Become a dive professional and find out for yourself!
- PADI Divemaster – Becoming a PADI Divemaster is your first step as a dive professional. Being a Divemaster qualifies you to guide certified divers, help refresh divers who need extra skill practice, and assist PADI Instructors teaching courses. The Divemaster course is a mix of classroom theory, skills exercises and workshops, and practical assessments. Although possible to complete in under a month, we recommend devoting six to eight weeks to your Divemaster training.
- PADI Instructor (IDC) – If you have a passion for diving and for teaching, being a PADI Instructor is an ideal career. As an Instructor, you are qualified to certify students for all levels from Open Water Diver to Divemaster. And with the PADI affiliation, you will be qualified to teach as a member of the largest and most recognizable scuba training organization in the world. The Instructor Development Course (IDC) lasts about two weeks. After completion, you will take the PADI Instructor Examination (IE) over two days.
Already certified and just want to dive for fun?
Let us help you discover the beauty of these waters. World-class arrays of flora and fauna await, including frequent turtle and shark sightings. Macro life includes a variety of nudi branches, shrimps, and sea horses. We take regular trips to the sites off of the Koh Phi Phi islands, and also explore the local sites in the Ao Nang islands. Click here for more information about our fun diving packages. Price: 2,700-4,700 THB (depending location & no. dives)
want to stay at the surface?
Maybe diving just isn’t your thing. That’s why we also offer guided snorkeling trips for those of you who are more comfortable at the surface. Regardless of your level of snorkeling experience, we will give you the proper equipment and support to have a fun and safe time. We provide a guide with every snorkeling group. This person is responsible to look after you, teach proper technique, and point out interesting sea life. Frequently snorkelers can see blacktip reef sharks, turtles, anemonefish, dories, and pufferfish. Click here for more information about snorkeling. Price: 2,500 THB (discounts available for groups)
Interested to Learn about Sharks?
As a Shark Guardian Dive Center, we are happy to offer the Shark Guardian Diver program. Completed as an add-on to any course, fun diving, or snorkeling option, you can learn more about these majestic animals and their importance to the ocean. Click here to learn more about the Shark Guardian Diver program. Price: 1,000 THB